Protect Your Hotel From Coronavirus
Dr. Syed Farhan Ali Tirmizi, MBBS, MSc – Epidemiologist
Protect Your Hotel Guidelines
How to Maintain a Coronavirus-Free Hotel
- Prepare the entrance, reception area, restaurant, hallways, bathrooms and elevators with:
- Hand rubs with 70% alcohol
- Face masks and gloves
- Posters and visual cues about social distancing
- Protective screens or queue barriers
- Chairs, tables, and other items suitable for social distancing
- Tissues and closed bins
- Require the employees and guests to:
- Control the entry of guests or if possible, enable other entrance lanes.
- Instruct receptionists to provide guests with contact information of health officials upon checking in.
- Encourage cashless transactions.
- Clean and disinfect highly touched areas, such as counters, door knobs, and elevator buttons.
- Set up isolation rooms for suspected coronavirus cases.
- Advise guests to notify the management if they develop symptoms.
- Train employees to provide in-room services for symptomatic guests.
- Monitor the health status of these guests.
In the Restaurant
- Provide in-room services for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Encourage guests to eat inside their rooms.
- Restock products during off-peak hours.
Dr. Syed Farhan Ali Tirmizi, MBBS, MSc
Communicable Disease Control (CDC), Alberta Health Services